Thursday, September 30, 2010

heart of hearts

This is going to be a slightly more personal post so if you don't want to deal with that, then keep on scrollin'.

I'm the happiest I've been in years. I'm not exactly sure how it happened or when exactly it clicked but I finally got it. I was making my life (and the lives of those around me) so much harder than it needed to be. Life, and by extension: art, is not supposed to be a back-breaking, epically sober ordeal. If the point isn't to have fun and make the best of all of it, then what good is it? I get to spend every day drawing or painting or hanging out with a group of close friends who care about me. (Legit! They even find it entertaining when I'm being a complete pain!) Even physically, I feel good (healthier food and exercise is pretty nifty)! Heck, I'm not even all that scared of 2012 anymore. I'm really happy. This is not to say that I don't still have down days or "no hug" days but when I take a second to stop and analyze why I'm upset, I honestly know that it is just a passing thing and I'll be fine. Life is good.

And on that note, back to pretty pictures:
(it's safe to read again, scrollers)
This is piece number 4 of the Body Modification series. I kinda messed up 3 and stretched out the back but I was kinda bored of it anyway so this might just end up being 3:I left the easel in there to give a sense of the size without having to get out my ruler (it's late, I'm lazy. Shush.) This is based off of a very real bionic heart which is far from miraculous but still pretty amazing. I still have a lot more lineart to do but since this piece is more about the Art Nouveau aspect of the series, I want to put a lot of energy into the frames. I'll have some more work to post later this week since I'm headed downtown tomorrow to get some scans done on the big flatbed and I have a commission from someone on deviantart that I should probably get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...