Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the first of many

Here it is, the first page of the Hans Christian Andersen's "The Little Mermaid" adaptation graphic novel I've been working on. When it's done, it'll be 20 pages long and pretty different from the original. I'm not going to give too much away yet but I have 5 pages to show after this so stay posted.
The colors are a bit muted but I don't want to edit it until I have some natural light coming in (or until I can use the REALLY nice scanners in the art building) so I get them as accurate as possible. I used ink and watercolor on a watercolor block. I also used masking fluid on this one in order to get the sun all shiny. I'm going to add text in later. Eventually, I'm going to publish this so keep a lookout for it ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...