Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Class Gallery Showing

I have another big (!) piece for the Body Mod series in the works but you'll have to wait on that. In the meantime, my Adv. Drawing course is working on our "Project of a project" series and we were given the chance to display our works in progress in the Colburn Gallery in Williams Hall. I set my space up as a storyboarding note-taking situation, sketching and writing notes on the wall next to my thumbnails and photocopies of the finished pages. As usual, I got a lot of slack for my work being illustrative (since when is that not "art" anyway?!) and for not being pretentious enough (I'm paraphrasing) but I'm proud of it so nyah nyah.Not a whole lot there to look at, I know, but each one of those watercolored sheets takes between 6 and 10 hours to do so this project isn't exactly something I can crank out in a night.

P.S. HUGE news! There's apparently a large flatbed scanner in the Special Collections area of my college's library that I have complete access to! I think it deserves a visit as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...